Inner Harbor Developer Wants To Start Construction This YearPosted: May 16, 2013
At a late April meeting of the Syracuse Industrial Agency, The project developer COR Development, Inc. stated that they wanted to begin construction on the project this year.
Among the many nuggets of information revealed at this meeting:
1) The project will be done in stages, total number unknown, and may take up to 10 years to fully complete.
2) The first stage will be a hotel on south bank and four-story apartment buildings on the west bank.
3) First stage of project estimated to create 500 construction jobs and 145 permanent jobs.
4) Environmental impact statements and further clean-ups of construction area will likely be required.
5) COR Development plans to ask for tax exemptions, lots of tax exemptions, at every stage of development.